Last changed on the 16th of June 2020
Below we answer the most frequently asked questions about the consequences of the corona virus (COVID-19).
- I booked a flight with a departure date during this summer; will my trip continue?
- Which holiday destinations did Corendon cancel with departure dates after 25 June 2020?
- What does it mean financially for me if my flight doesn't go ahead?
- Until when is the credit balance of my cancelled flight valid?
- I don't want or can't make another trip, when will I get my money back?
- I have booked multiple flights or holidays with Corendon; can I use the balance of the travel voucher to pay the balance of a booked holiday later this year?
- What measures are taken by Corendon and local authorities during the trip and at the holiday destination in order to travel responsibly?
- I booked a seat with an airline or travel or cancellation insurance other than Corendon's ; how do I get that amount back?
- Is it wise to take out travel or cancellation insurance because of the corona virus?
I booked a flight with a departure date during this summer; will my trip continue?
Per destination and per departure date, we will check whether flights can continue in the coming period. Countries whose travel advice is shown in yellow will in principle continue. We will inform you in writing if there are any unexpected changes in your trip compared to the flight originally booked. We therefore urge you not to contact our Contact Center or via our social media channels about this. Our colleagues there do not have any concrete additional information about your holiday. You can find more information about when you will have to pay your remaining amount here.
Which holiday destinations did Corendon cancel with departure dates after 25 June 2020?
As a result of the measures taken by governments because of the corona virus, Corendon had to cancel certain flights and holidays to various holiday destinations. If this is a flight or holiday that you have booked, the main booker of the trip has received a letter from us explaining this. Unfortunately we have had to cancel the following destinations:
- Turkey is cancelled until 21 July 2020;
- Gran Canaria and Tenerife departing from the Netherlands are cancelled until 15 July 2020;
- Bali is cancelled until 30 September 2020;
- Tunisia departing from Amsterdam is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Zakynthos departing from Brussels is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Macedonia is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Northern Cyprus is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Corfu departing from Brussels is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Egypt departing from the Netherlands is cancelled until 31 juli 2020;
- Egypt departing from Brussels is cancelled until 1 august 2020
Due to flight planning changes, the following flights have been cancelled or rescheduled to another airport:
- Bodrum departing from Groningen is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Antalya departing from Groningen is cancelled until 31 October 2020;
- Antalya departing from Rotterdam is changed to Amsterdam - Antalya and vice versa with departure until 31 October 2020. Back
What does it mean financially for me if my flight doesn't go ahead?
We'll cancel your flight but you won't lose your money. You keep the amount you paid us as a credit ('voucher') for your next holiday. You can see this credit in your cost statement under the heading outstanding in your 'Mijn Corendon' or 'Mijn Stip' account. If you don’t have an account, you can see this amount when you log on to our website with your reservation number. Any costs paid for a seat reservation (only for flights operated by Corendon, flight numbers starting with CD, XC, XR), baggage, parking, travel and/or cancellation insurance are also part of this credit.
You don’t have to decide right away for which new flight or holiday you choose; you can take your time. You can then book your new flight, package trip or hotel stay via our website. If you only book a flight, this is not possible online: in that case, please contact our Contact Center. You can choose from our entire offer; it doesn't have to be the same hotel or the same destination. If the travel sum of the new trip is higher, we will charge you the additional costs. If the travel sum of the new trip is lower, the remaining amount will remain on your voucher. You can use this for the next trip. When there is 10% or less credit left, this amount of the voucher will be refunded to you no later than one year after the date of issue of the voucher. As soon as you have made the new booking, you can redeem your voucher in your 'Mijn Corendon' account. If you do not have an account, you can login to our website with your reservation number. Back
Until when is the credit balance of my cancelled flight valid?
You can use the credit balance of your cancelled flight to make a new booking up to one (1) year after the voucher has been issued. The voucher is valid for all types of holidays and for single flights. The departure date of your new holiday must be no later than 31 October 2021. All further conditions of the voucher can be found at: Voorwaarden Corendon Reisvoucher. Back
I don't want or can't make another trip, when will I get my money back?
If you have booked a single flight with Corendon and your flight with a departure date from 15 March 2020 has been cancelled by Corendon due to the corona virus, we offer you a travel voucher. You have the legal right to ask for a refund if you don’t accept the voucher. Due to the extraordinary situation that arose after the coronavirus outbreak, we have chosen to offer you a travel voucher. We do ask you to accept the travel voucher as it will take a long time before we are able to make a refund.. Back
I have booked multiple flights or holidays with Corendon; can I use the balance of the travel voucher to pay the balance of a booked holiday later this year?
Yes, of course this is allowed. Back
What happens if I book a new flight in the coming summer with the credit on my voucher, and the new flight doesn't take place after all due to the corona virus?
In that case we will give you a new voucher. You can use the credit on your cancelled trip to make a new booking up to one (1) year after the voucher has been issued. The voucher is valid for all types of holidays and for single flights. The departure date of your new holiday must be no later than 31 October 2021. All further conditions of the voucher can be found under the question 'Until when is the credit balance of my cancelled trip via the Corendon travel voucher valid?Back
What measures are taken by Corendon and local authorities during the trip and at the holiday destination in order to travel responsibly?
When you travel again, you obviously want to be well prepared. We have therefore created a special Responsible Travel in which we give you more information about the measures and guidelines we have taken at the airport and during the flight to help you go travel with a carefree feeling. Based on the current situation, we regularly update this Responsible Travel page. We therefore ask you to check this page for any changes at least one day before departure. Among other things, the following information can be found on this web page:
- It is only possible to check in online from 24 hours prior to your flight. At the airport, you can then go directly to the baggage drop-off point to check in your check-in baggage.
- During online check-in, you will be asked to complete a health declaration for each individual passenger.
- From the moment you enter the terminal, it is compulsory for everyone over 13 years of age to wear a mouth mask.
- During the flight, each passenger may only carry a small handbag, laptop bag or backpack
- For a number of destinations, you will need to fill in a form in advance and take it with you. Or you will receive a QR code after it has been sent digitally and you will need to take it with you, either digitally or printed out. Whether this also applies to your holiday destination can be found on the 'Measures at Destination' page.
At your destination, the measures taken depend on the local regulations in force. You can read more about this on the Responsible Travel page. We advise you and your fellow travellers to read this information carefully before departure.
Finally, we follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) ILT and EASA. In general, everyone is advised to pay close attention to hygiene: wash hands regularly, cough and sneeze on the inside of the elbow and use paper handkerchiefs. Do you have flu or any of the coronary symptoms (fever, coughing, respiratory problems) and have you possibly been in contact with someone who may have the coronavirus? Stay at home and contact the GGD to be sure. Back
I booked a seat with an airline or travel or cancellation insurance other than Corendon's ; how do I get that amount back?
If you fly with an airline other than Corendon (such as Transavia or KLM) and have booked a seat reservation there, you will have to ask for a refund from the airline where you’ve paid for the seat reservation. If you have a travel or cancellation insurance at another company, you will have to ask for a refund from the company where you have taken out the insurance policy. Back
Is it wise to take out travel or cancellation insurance because of the corona virus?
We always recommend to take out a travel and cancellation insurance, regardless of the situation. However, every insurance policy is different, so you should check the policy conditions well in advance to be sure what will and won't be reimbursed. We also recommend that you check exactly what your health insurance covers.In addition, as a tour operator and airline, we are not responsible for arranging and paying for your new return flight if you miss your originally booked return flight due to quarantine. However, we are obliged to assist and support you in a situation like this and we will do so. In addition, we will help you, where possible, to arrange your return flight as cheaply as possible. Back